Director, Compliance FLOD
Company: SVB Financial Group
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Silicon Valley Bank is the banking partner behind the most
innovative and exciting companies globally. Our clients have
redefined solutions in many areas of the global economy, and we
have powered their success by providing them the right financial
solution whether they are a promising little startup, an exciting
venture backed company, a successful private equity company or a
game changing biotech company. Inspired by them, we are redefining
This first line of defense (FLOD) compliance role will be part
of a new team that sits within the broader Business Risk Management
function of the Commercial Bank. Partnering closely with the
business units, the role is generally responsible for helping to
advise and support the business on all things compliance related,
including meeting requirements of ERM, ORM, Compliance and other
second line of defense groups. This position will manage a team of
6 other risk officers.
The right candidate thrives in a high performance and fast-paced
environment and will enjoy the challenge of coming in on the ground
floor to help build out a best in class FLoD Compliance
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understanding Regulatory Requirements and Business
- Be aware of applicable laws and regulations as well as
corporate compliance policies.
- Understand regulatory changes as communicated by 2nd LOD, and
identify the specific compliance risks that apply to supported
business unit (BU), and the applicable banking and financial
services products available or supported through the BU.
- Have an understanding of business process flows and be able to
explain how the processes are designed to meet regulatory
Identify areas and administer training where BU needs tailored
training in tying potential compliance and regulatory risks to the
BU's current or changing applicable process, products and
- Risk Assessments & Audit/Exam Support
- Work with Business Risk Officers during client, product, and
business risk assessments to evaluate the inherent and residual
- Assist and facilitate audits, exams, reviews, conducted by 2nd
LOD (CMT), Internal Audit, and federal and state examiners.
Facilitate walkthroughs, provide documentation, and assist in
development of action plans.
Assist BUs with the development of compliance related MAPs and
track progress to close all issues, whether self-identified, or
through Compliance Monitoring and testing (CMT) or Internal
- Controls Management
- Using the corporate controls framework, ensure the internal
controls addressing compliance risks are documented, including
documentation of lack of controls.
- Assess the design and effectiveness of the controls in place to
manage compliance risks.
- Work with centralized FLoD testing team to develop test plans
of key controls and action plans when gaps exist.
Self-identify compliance gaps in business processes. Communicate
the gaps to appropriate 2nd LOD unit (ORE, Compliance issues,
- Change Management Support
- Identify and track changes, triggered by the BU, that affect
- Provide 1st LOD compliance review, guidance, and approvals for
compliance risks related to any business changes, prospects &
clients, products, processes, etc. within supported Business
- Follow the Corporate Compliance Change governance process to
ensure the change events are duly assessed for compliance risks,
and mitigating measures are developed and implemented.
- Participate in UAT testing and provide user acceptance, as
needed, for technology or process changes that address regulatory
Ensure the acceptance of compliance risks is within the
organization's risk appetite boundaries.
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Work with Business Risk Officers to ensure 1st LOD leadership
and 2nd LOD Corporate Compliance reports reflect compliance related
issues, potential red flags, escalations, and risk
Work with Business Risk Officers to develop quantitative and
qualitative metrics/KRI that assist in monitoring compliance with
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree desirable) with a
minimum of 8-10 years of relevant financial services compliance
experience with working knowledge of banking regulations.
- Direct experience working in a first or second line compliance
role within a financial institution and/or consulting experience
advising financial institutions on the implementation of effective
compliance risk management programs.
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Visio as well as Adobe. Expertise with Tableau and
experience with GRC tools a plus.
- Dedicated team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence and build
consensus across the organization.
Keywords: SVB Financial Group, Santa Clara , Director, Compliance FLOD, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!