Company: Russell Tobin & Associates
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 10, 2021
A Leading Enterprise SaaS Company is aiming to change the way
people work and looking for a Research Editor to join them in this
Our company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with
the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldnt be so
hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We
envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked
for, not against them. We built our cloud-based Now Platform to
make work, work better for people. Today, every enterprise is
becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges,
opportunities, and complexity. Our products let them run smarter,
faster, better. And help people spend their time on work thats
meaningful, not menial.
Were disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too
seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are
passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We
have high expectations and a career with us means challenging
yourself to always be better.
As a member of our Storytelling & Engagement team, you will lead
the C-level research program for our award-winning brand
publication, Workflow. Youll report to the editor in chief for
thought leadership. As research editor, you will
- Work with brand experts and agency partners to create global
research studies that generate insights about emerging tech and
business strategy for an audience of C-level business leaders.
- Youll package the results in engaging articles and data
visualizations for Workflow.
- You will manage the annual research calendar.
- Youll analyze Tableau and Excel spread sheets to lead the
development of narratives and stories from thought leadership
research, and pitch the most relevant stories based on market
positioning and priorities.
- You will be looked to as a subject matter expert, having spent
significant time mining the data to deeply understand our research
and audience, and how it provides insights for both our publication
readers and the business.
- You will tell those stories primarily through articles that you
write or assign. Youll also write talking points, manage the
creative development of PowerPoint decks, and create social media
- You will be a highly visible brand journalist and prolifically
report on technology and business trends relevant to C-Suite
leaders and address market positioning and priorities. You will
publish about 4-5 stories per week.
- You will be trusted to spot the most compelling stories in a
spreadsheet, and translate them for various audiences through print
articles, PowerPoints, talking points, and social media. You will
also bring a journalistic lens to untapped data sources to tell
external-facing stories, including internal product research, sales
meetings, marketing events, etc.
- You will curate and edit key landing pages, selecting stories,
writing headlines, and editing copy. Youll also repackage archived
and cross-team content that is relevant to Workflow readers.
- Working with our SEO and analytics team, youll ensure all
content is optimized for the Workflow audience.
- Youll add value to new and fast-turn projects by re-evaluating
existing databases and surfacing timely insights.
- Youll fact-check all reporting and project-manage research
agencies to ensure the timely delivery of data.
- You will bring an external point of view and curiosity that
yields better storytelling for our readers.
- At least five years reporting and editing experience,
preferably for a newswire or daily publishing channel.
- Clips showing youve reported on data and effectively
- Experience working with designers to create compelling data
- Proven success in a deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- At least two years of experience copy editing or demonstrated
little to no need of being edited.
- One to two years of experience in a corporate setting.
Keywords: Russell Tobin & Associates, Santa Clara , Editor, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!