Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > CPU Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in
an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities
that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But
this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse
skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in.
As a Physical Design Engineer, you will work with
microarchitecture, RTL design and CAD teams to implement the
designs meeting aggressive power, area and performance goals using
industry standard tools/flows.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform block level implementation using place and route
techniques to meet area/timing and power requirements
- Create floorplan with pin placement, partitions and power
- Generate block level static timing constraints
- Perform Synthesis, Place & Route on the designs using industry
standard tools and deliver GDS
- Validate the designs for functional and electrical
- Generate and implement ECOs to fix noise, timing and EM/IR
- Involve in defining correct by construction physical design
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering; 10 years of practical
- Experience in developing and implementing power grid and clock
- Experience in all aspects of timing closure for multi-clock
- Experience in deep submicron process technology nodes is
- Knowledge of library cells and optimizations
- Solid understanding industry standard tools for synthesis,
place & route and tapeout flows
- Solid understanding of physical design verification methods to
- Experience with Synthesis, place and route and signoff
- Knowledge of all aspects of physical construction, integration,
physical and electrical verification
- Knowledge of basic SoC architecture and HDL languages like
Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses
up to mile.
Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or
Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than
6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of
information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need
an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring
process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is
only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and
recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency
are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be
considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited
resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward
resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company
location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please
contact Qualcomm Careers.