What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe
in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
US Research and Development Senior Tax Manager
We are seeking a Sr. Tax Manager who will be in a highly visible
position in the AMD Corporate tax unit. The work related to this
role has significant impact on AMD's overall effective tax rate.
This role plays a meaningful role in the process development and
review the US & Global Research and Development tax credit
calculation. This role will be in contact with R&D executive
and key engineering in R&D team and project managers who lead
AMD's edge technology. This is an exciting time to join AMD! Does
this sound like the position for you?
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Senior Tax Manager
to lead all aspects of the annual US R&D Credit claim process
for the US federal income tax return and financial reporting,
including identifying and detailing qualified expenditures through
research, interviews, surveys and computation and detailing credit
claims. Responsibilities include running US federal and state
R&D credit claims and assisting on global R&D incentive
claims. The position is an individual contributor role but will
have supporting resources at the internal tax service center.
- Research, gather data and analyze US R&D tax matters and
- Prepare quarterly and annual global US R&D credit
calculations for use in estimating tax credits for income tax
- Lead annual global R&D credit studies and corresponding
calculations and related surveys.
- Schedule and conduct informational interviews and surveys with
technical personnel to support credits and incentive
- Investigate opportunities to expand US R&D credit claims
for prior years.
- Handle US R&D calculation, qualified expenditure support
and documentation of related FIN 48 reserves.
- Respond to R&D related tax notices and inquiries from tax
- Assist with audit support and documentation, including but not
limited to IDR requests.
- Prepare concise, accurate technical memos and other support
detailing R&D tax positions
- Support the evaluation and modeling of scenarios involving
various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on industry
trends, developments, and technical authorities.
- At least five years' experience in public accounting,
demonstrating a validated progression rendering advisory services
related to the US R&D tax credit.
- Proven understanding of US federal and state R&D credit,
tax incentives, income tax compliance and US federal income tax
accounting and experience with R&D credit studies.
- Experience with R&D credit claims for the semi-conductor
- Background in statistical analysis and the IRS Industry
Directive safe harbor is a big plus
- Ability to summarize information in a clear, concise manner
specifically tailored for the readers and strong attention to
- Self-motivated and able to work in a deadline-driven, fast
- Excellent project management skills and use of related tools is
- BA/BS in Accounting, Tax, Finance or Engineering are
- CPA and MS/MBA is preferred.
Markham, ON, Canada or Santa Clara, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 99421
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Finance
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click