Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Cyxtera Data Center Mechanical Lead is responsible for
supporting the operation and maintenance of both the mechanical
infrastructure within the Data Center as assigned by the Site
Manager in a 24/7 mission critical environment.
- Support the maintenance of mechanical infrastructure per
manufacturers' recommendation and corporate specifications.
- Work directly with the customer and/or Cyxtera support staff to
identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of
problems to include standing, bending and kneeling as needed to
perform this task.
- Perform and execute necessary rounds such as Security and/or
Facilities rounds throughout the Data Center and around the
property as directed to insure the integrity of the site.
- Perform customer installation activities to include but are not
limited to cage builds, rack layouts, electrical circuits, HVAC
hot/cold aisle configuration, etc.
- Provide oversight of contractors and service providers in the
Data Center as appropriate and be able to quickly address and if
necessary escalate issues with contractors and service providers
who are non-compliant with company rules or work scope.
- Conduct daily inspections of all Data Center infrastructure
- Ensure Computerized Maintenance Management System data
- Monitor building management systems and other automated tools
and applications to ensure operational efficiencies.
- As a member of an on-call rotation, provide emergency response
as needed with DCS team.
- Shift, evening and weekend work required.
- Perform assigned tasks when part of a project team and have the
ability to identify and address potential issues or corrections
prior to or during project rollout.
- Respond to both internal and external work requests within a
timely manner delivering a high level of support.
- Lifting of Cyxtera and/or customer equipment required up to and
in excess of 50 lbs. Server lifts can be utilized where
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Operational experience with Data Center equipment that includes
but not limited to HVAC, switchgear, generators, UPS, PDU,
Chillers, RTU, CRAH/CRAC, Chilled Water systems, and VESDA
- Strong team player. Must have the ability to coach and be
- Effective communication skills with the ability to successfully
interact with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to maintain
all facility related documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Understanding and implementation of ITIL processes.
- Experience with Visio, AutoCAD, SAP, Maximo, CAFM, Siebel and
Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Minimum of 2 years mission critical Facilities experience.
- Building Environmental Systems certificate or Stationary
Engineer or Electro-mechanical technician certificate or licensed
Cyxtera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cyxtera, Santa Clara , Mechanical Lead, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!