PMO Team | Santa Clara, CA
Chegg is looking for a Project Manager to join the Learning
Services PMO team.
As part of our team, you will get to work with some amazingly
talented people, in an environment that emphasizes ownership,
collaboration, and creative problem-solving. This position will be
responsible for driving one or more business critical initiatives.
As a Project Manager, you will drive stakeholders to a common goal,
speaking the languages of business, product management, and
engineering as the situation warrants. You will be a close partner
to the business, product and engineering leadership of the
initiatives you drive, and you will provide the clearest lens on
the issues at hand. Your sense of absolute ownership of an
initiative and your eye for detail will be what drives the team to
- Drive the coordinated management of programs to achieve
specific business goals.
- Ensure the timely delivery of programs and the efficient use of
- Manage the program-level decomposition of work across multiple
delivery teams. Work across organizational boundaries to define
program interdependencies and release plans.
- Partner closely with Product Owners and Product Development
teams to execute and deliver programs aligning to product vision
and program goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Facilitate executive-level escalations and program-level change
- Monitor health of program delivery. Track program-level status,
risks, issues, and dependencies. Proactively address delivery team
impediments. Resolve program-level roadblocks to enable successful
- Manage program-level communications ensuring stakeholders are
informed of roadmap changes, release plans, and delivery
- Lead program-level reviews with delivery teams, stakeholders,
and executive management as required.
- Facilitate program retrospectives to identify improvement
opportunities. Evangelize and integrate desired changes to enable
- Evangelize the PMO culture and bring a high degree of energy to
- Have a collaborative spirit and be invested in the success of
Qualifications- Experience and Skills
- BA/BS degree or work experience equivalent
- Experience working with global, multi-disciplinary teams in
fast-paced, change-intensive environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of project and program management
processes, tools, templates, and management techniques
- Problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to
work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with businesspeople
and business matters with technical people.
- Ability to manage program/project schedules and associated
dependencies, identify possible issues/risks/actions and clearly
work with key stakeholders to mitigate for them.
- Ability to drive issues to logical closure.
- Strong critical thinking skills, detail-oriented, and
- Calm under pressure, able to remain focused and organized while
- Skilled collaborator with strong communication skills
- You can operate effectively in a high demand, rapidly shifting
/ fluid environment.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their
future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows
that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves
through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more
than they can afford. We founded our business on provided
affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since
then, we've expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of
higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg
Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to
support students beyond their college experience. These offerings
lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning
experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster,
more affordable way to student.
Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Thinkful (a Chegg Online Learning Service): https://www.thinkful.com/about/#careers
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer