Senior Software Engineer (Product Engineering)
Company: Peloton Interactive, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are looking for a passionate backend engineer who is
enthusiastic about and has experience building scalable, low
latency and secure systems. At Peloton, you will have the
opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You
will be working in a high velocity software engineering
environment, in a team, building systems which service fitness
content to all Peloton consumers over connected and digital
devices. You will be responsible for leading large scale projects,
collaborating within the team, and with cross functional teams on
estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as
identifying project risks and dependencies.
Design and Development
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and
functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement,
and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust,
and performant applications.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and
development of new features and functionalities in the stack.
- Lead, coach, pair with, and mentor junior backend software
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a
culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering
efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding
Drive Large-scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product,
Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly
and annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into
milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- Experience in building scalable backend framework that supports
a rapid growing user base
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience building Python or Java based backend framework at
- Experience with designing RESTful API
- Experience with working on service oriented architecture and
- Experience with concurrency and parallelism in Python and/or
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine
(MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with developing secure API endpoints
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, SSL in API context
- Ability to own and deliver end to end API functionality from
design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production
release and monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work
closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering
solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or in similar discipline
years of work experience
- Experience working with gRPC and designing microservices from
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Experience in building secure consumer facing APIs
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages and
- Continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Experience leading backend development and engineering
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote
initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our Santa Clara, CA office
once it is safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through
fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves
anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by
developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly
combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create
digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members
love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist
organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more,
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of
our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our
best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply
committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture
where all of our team members can be the best version of
themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of
running an organization that strives to reach its full potential.
As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge
to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial
injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and
wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Keywords: Peloton Interactive, Inc., Santa Clara , Senior Software Engineer (Product Engineering), Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!