- Responsible for defining, selecting and documenting Dialog's
ESD/LU roadmap and design processes.
- Perform QA, benchmark and Silicon correlations on ESD cells
from foundries both qualitatively and quantitatively. Develop
standard rules and procedures for correct implementation of ESD
protection devices. Creation, presentation and publication of ESD
implementations throughout the company.
- Development of product specific ESD clamps, LNA inputs and/or
high voltage pins etc.
- Responsible for creating ESD specs and ESD reviews of new
products in order to ensure first time passing of all ESD
- To be the liaison between Dialog Suppliers, Customers and
- Maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of IC technologies
and ESD protection methodologies in the marketplace and
transferring that knowledge to others (technical expert).
- Acting as the interface with Dialog Business Units, Marketing,
Product and Design Groups to ensure effective ESD/LU methodology is
implemented for Dialog product designs.
- Interface with Foundries to develop and maintain ESD/LU
strategy and methodology to ensure optimum ESD protection for all
- Monitor yield statistics and be accountable for taking
appropriate remedial action on ESD/LU related issues.
- Work with multiple groups (Design/Product/Quality/Foundry) to
ensure the ESD/LU specs and methodologies are aligned and
- Achievement of 'First Time Right' ESD structures.
- Achievement of 'First Time Right' system on a chip ESD/LU
- Seen as the leader in their field, known and respected outside
their direct functional lines.
What we are looking for
- 8+ yrs. experience in Semiconductor industry with emphasis in
the areas of ESD/LU and/or process technology development
- Expertise in semiconductor ESD protection. Understanding of how
ESD protection devices are integrated into analogue-centric design
- Knowledge and familiarity with Process/Device technology needed
for analog, mixed signal and digital designs.
- Candidate must have a proven record of designing submicron CMOS
(HV) ESD cells and integrating them in system-on-chip ICs.
- The candidate has successfully placed products that passed
stringent ESD requirements into volume production, preferably
- Expert in various ESD test methodologies (e.g. MM, CDM, HBM and
CBE) and ESD/LU strategy development.
- Ability to create and maintain ESD IP libraries and
- Ability to prioritise work, set goals and meet deadlines for
self and others
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills within and outside
field of expertise.
- Understanding of common analogue/power management circuit
blocks (current mirrors, LDOs, bucks, boosts etc.).
- Knowledge in writing Calibre PERC, Cadence PERC, or Apache a
- Filed or issued patents.
- Published scientific articles.
Essential - Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Desirable - Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Dialog in Santa Clara
Working for Dialog in our California offices, you'll be placed
in the heart of the Semiconductor industry in Silicon Valley. With
250+ sunny days a year, you'll benefit from the proximity to Santa
Cruz and Monterey Beach, and the many activities and national
attractions that draw professionals to the 3rd largest state in the
USA. As part of our team in California, you'll be joining a truly
multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the
ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us
Dialog Semiconductor is a world-leading provider of low-power,
advanced mixed-signal ICs creating the next generation of
innovative, smart connected devices. In 2019, we generated US $1.4
billion in revenue and we currently have approximately 2,300
Working at Dialog we treat each other with respect and fairness,
irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual
orientation, disability, diversity of thought and experience. We
see our differences as strengths and are proud to have an inclusive
workforce that values diversity.
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be
joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the
Click below and apply now.
This publication is issued to provide outline information only,
which unless agreed by Dialog Semiconductor may not be used,
applied, or reproduced for any purpose or be regarded as a
representation relating to products. All use of Dialog
Semiconductor products, software and applications referred to in
this document are subject to Dialog Semiconductor's Standard Terms
and Conditions of Sale, available on the company website
(www.dialog-semiconductor.com) unless otherwise stated.
Dialog and the Dialog logo are trademarks of Dialog
Semiconductor plc or its subsidiaries.
All other product or service names are the property of their
Dialog Semiconductor 2020. All rights reserved.