Staff UI Software Engineer (Specialist) - IoT
Company: Hitachi Data Systems
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd.,
helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate
intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and
society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara
combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT)
and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business,
your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich,
activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new
revenue streams and lower business costs
Staff UI Software Engineer (Specialist)
This role is for a hands-on User Interface Senior Software
Engineer to develop IOT microservice applications for Industrial
The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic
individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
Candidate should care deeply about user experience, design, and
simplicity. Participated in product requirement discussions with
Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr.
Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and
justify the estimate with facts
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical
designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace
technical design and development team
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and
code quality automation
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices
after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship
between them while being an expert in the assigned component or
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer
focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build,
release & deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and
optimizing/improving it through design and best coding
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and
has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining,
developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile
development environment using the latest software development
technologies and infrastructure
- 8+ years of experience building leading-edge web applications,
dashboards, and/or workflow systems using
- Experience React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback,
- Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps
frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium.
- Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g.
- Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha,
Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework.
- Strong background in modern tooling (Bower, Grunt, gyp,
- Experience with modern microservices architecture, prior
experience with micro-frontend technology and framework a
- Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a
- Experience with backend technology, overall application
lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design,
Software Design Patterns.
- Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experiences with automation/configuration management using
Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software
configuration tools, such as GIT, Perforce).
- Experience with build script and CI/CD.
- Experience with Golang is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to age, race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Hitachi Data Systems, Santa Clara , Staff UI Software Engineer (Specialist) - IoT, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!