Research Associate, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: July 15, 2021
Our client is a private aquaculture innovation and research
company is seeking a Research Associate to assist in the daily
operations of its Genotyping lab in San Diego,
CA and will begin with the successful candidate
reporting to the Genotyping Lab Manager.
- Assist with laboratory experiments on research projects
- Sample processing and genotyping
- Sample processing and genotypingPerform Next Generation
Sequencing (NGS) library (e.g. amplicon-seq, RNASeq, GBS)
preparation/QC for Ion or Illumina Platforms, however previous
experience with Illumina-based sequencing platforms will be
applicable. Specific experience with Ion NGS platforms (S5)
- Develop and deploy appropriate automation to aid processing and
improve throughput on the genotyping platforms.
- Assist in developing SNP panels and associated assays for
various species [varied platforms from PCR to Next Generation
- Perform sample processing and DNA/RNA extraction using
automated nucleic acid platforms (e.g. Kingfisher), and assist in
optimization efforts to improve throughput and efficiencies.
- Troubleshooting to improve processes and data consistency and
- Assist with design and implementation of client and internal
R/D research projects.
- Coordinate with Research Technicians on training and
troubleshooting processes; and participate in laboratory upkeep
including equipment maintenance, vendor sourcing and restocking
supplies, and maintaining inventories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biological Sciences, Life
Science, and/or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of general molecular biology and demonstrated
experience with assay development and associated instrumentation in
DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantification, PCR amplification,
qPCR, liquid handling, NGS library preparation [experience with Ion
sequencing technologies preferred].
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Office are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both group and one
on one settings.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and meticulous in following
set protocols and record keeping.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced,
- Excellent English (both verbal and written) is required
- Health and dental benefits
- Life insurance/AD&D/LTD
- 401k we match 50% up to a max of 6%
- 20 vacations days
- 10 sick days
Keywords: Bevov, Santa Clara , Research Associate, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!