Lead Industrial Designer.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is
recruiting for a Lead Industrial Designer located in Santa Clara,
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on crafting the future
of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions
offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty,
end-to-end solutions in orthopedics, endoluminal intervention and
general surgery. This includes the MONARCH platform, a
first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic
visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has
made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years
from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with
minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape
the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address
the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save
more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions
including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats
and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity
worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
You will join our team of industrial, UX and visual designers and
help shape Ottava, Johnson & Johnson's new surgical robotic
As a lead designer, you will own multiple ID workstreams on Ottava
and provide coaching and guidance to designers you are working with
to meet business objectives. In close partnership with our design
team and team mates from marketing, clinical, human factors and
engineering, you will influence projects across robotic hardware,
surgical instruments and accessories, packaging, and branding.
- Lead design work in area of assigned responsibility and take
ownership for the quality of the work produced.
- Directly contribute with hands-on design work including
sketching, CAD, rendering, model-making, and DFM-related
- Mentor and coach designers, developing both their craft as well
as their ability to be effective contributors in an enterprise
- Build compelling visuals and presentations to communicate
concepts, user stories and detailed designs.
- Partner with senior design leaders to develop longer-term
vision and strategies for design.
- Minimum Bachelors in Industrial Design or equivalent degree and
8 years of relevant work experience are required.
- End-to-end product development experience with multiple
- Ability to balance functional requirements with emotional and
- High proficiency in SolidWorks.
- Strong visualization skills (sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop,
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Up to 10% travel, domestic and international.
- Experience working on medical devices.
- Experience supervising the work of other designers.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and portfolio in
pdf format, or link to online portfolio, and details on your
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Santa Clara , Lead Industrial Designer., Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!