Senior Product Designer (Productivity Startup)
Company: Recruiting From Scratch
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Who is Recruiting from Scratch: -
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on
placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at
innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with
teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with
companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital,
Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or
any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our Client -
Our client started with an observation: In a world full of
applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run
everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over
50 years? They are a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the
documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can
combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with
an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word!
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists,
and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San
Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all
over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across
the US. -a quick overview of what we do.
About the role
Our client is looking for a product designer to help us imagine the
future of productivity software and creation tools. It is an
exciting mission but with an extremely challenging set of design
problems. We are building flexible surface that anyone can mold
into their personalized tool for work and life. You will think
about how to break down powerful, abstract programming and data
concepts into terms and experiences anyone can digest. As a Product
Designer, you will talk to customers about their needs and use
cases to create the next set of game-changing features.
Our client is used by tens of thousands of people and we're early
in our journey. Joining our small design team means your
fingerprints will be all over the foundation of the product. You
will report to one of our Design Leads.
In this role you will:
- Bring a user focus to brainstorming sessions and
- Refine concepts to bring them to life.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to discover to
- Prototype interactions in design tools like Figma or even by
digging into the code yourself (if you are comfortable).
- Oversee the build process with developers in a tight feedback
- Help us mold our culture into one that focuses on the user and
encourages design thinking across the company.
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have experience distilling complex tools or concepts down
to simple design solutions
- You can levy engineering, product, and go-to-market teams to
make design-centered decisions
- You have a good aesthetic sense and can both work within and
expand the visual style of the product
- You are curious and not afraid to get in and start tinkering to
make things better
- You care about teammates and work to uplift and make the team
- You care about the details that not only make a product usable
but also delightful to use
- You enjoy "geeking out" around productivity apps
- You have 5+ years of design experience
- They ask that you PLEASE SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO (and password if
How our client cares!
Starting on your first day of employment, they offer a wide range
of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their
family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
Base Salary Range: $100,000 to $180,000
Keywords: Recruiting From Scratch, Santa Clara , Senior Product Designer (Productivity Startup), Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!