Security Officer L1
Company: RagingWire Data Centers, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 11, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: BASIC FUNCTION
The Security Officer L1 is responsible for the administrative and
operational duties associated with a site security team. Provides
protection for personnel and company property. May arrange for
extra protection for key employees. Ensures implementation and
maintenance of security procedures based on policies determined by
the Corporate Security Manager to meet required codes and
regulations. Completes incident reports and submits for approval.
Assists other teams with tasks in and around the facility to
include cleanliness, cardboard removal, and light maintenance.
Fulfills duties associated with the Shipping and Receiving
Department. Regular, predictable attendance is essential for
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that all employees, clients, vendors, and visitors on
company property have proper company issued
- Patrols assigned post on foot to maintain visibility and
observes possible unusual activity
- Ensures that the client, its associates, and RDC personnel are
provided with a safe and professional work environment.
- Investigates, repairs if possible, and reports maintenance and
- Ensures that daily administrative documentation is kept concise
and complete at all times.
- Maintains all daily assigned equipment in functional and
- Responds to all requests for assistance relayed by employees or
clients; completes various company or client assignments as
- Assists in performing and maintaining the Shipping and
- Assists with investigations involving security related
accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims;
gathers physical evidence and preserves it for future use;
completes report and follows up with management as needed.
- Investigates and reports fires, evacuations, hazardous
situations/other facility related events. Responsibilities include
crowd control and assisting Fire Department/EMS or other officials
during these processes.
- Maintains familiarity of Security procedures and policies in
addition to Company policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Standard methods, practices, tools and equipment for the
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency.
- Knowledge of the Data Center Security Best Practices.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to operate in and promote a rigorous process-driven team
- Ability to logically analyze and solve problems.
- Multi-task multiple projects.
- Team Player.
- Follows instructions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in law enforcement,
industrial or governmental security or an equivalent combination of
same OR two years college with emphasis in criminal justice or
related field is required.
- Law-Enforcement and/or Military Schooling a plus.
- Experience in the administration and operation of: access
control systems, CCTV systems with digital recording, and photo ID
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both
written and verbal methods with clients, vendors, and
Keywords: RagingWire Data Centers, Inc., Santa Clara , Security Officer L1, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!