Content Development Coordinator, Signpost (International Rescue Committee)
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Content Development Coordinator, Signpost (International Rescue
Committee) Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee
(IRC) is a global leader in providing emergency relief,
rehabilitation, post-conflict development, human rights protection,
resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and others uprooted
or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is
committed to restoring hope, freedom, dignity, and
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that
supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum
seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our
program equips people with information to understand their options
so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe,
get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and
access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in
2015 to address asylum seekers' and migrants' pressing need for
reliable information upon arrival to Greece and is now active in 12
countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and
aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their
specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach
draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on
information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their
lived realities, and that comes from "peers" rather than authority
COVID-19 Consideration: -As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to
impact the world, this role can be temporarily performed remotely.
However, you will be expected to report to the Dallas, Texas office
by 2022. Position: The Content Development Coordinator brings
journalistic rigor, social media savvy, and knowledge of content
optimization to information products created to help migrant
children and youth navigate life in the US, specifically as it
relates to the immigration system, but also access to other
essential services and integration information. They will have
primary responsibility for developing, adapting, and repurposing
content as digital, user-friendly information for the Signpost
platform and maintaining social media marketing strategies to reach
the target audience.
Main responsibilities are organizing and editing information for
publication and managing social media posting. They ensure content
is accurate, complete, easy to understand, and engaging.
The Content Development Coordinator is also responsible for using
our content management system and other tools to usher content from
the first draft through editing and translation and ultimately to
its final, published form. Additionally, they ensure our photo
database, style guide and editorial calendar are up to date. This
position requires a combination of office-based and remote work. It
may require occasional domestic travel (up to 10%) as permitted by
public health conditions. Responsibilities:
- Regularly produce multimedia content for Signpost channels
- Ensure Signpost content is accurate, complete, easy to
understand, engaging, and child appropriate.
- Continuously ensure that the Signpost editorial content is up
- Use the CMS, Transifex translation-management software, and
other tools to prepare content for publication.
- Define, implement, and monitor digital advertising
- Continuously monitor web and social media performance
indicators, flag criticalities, and propose improvements to the
communication and marketing strategy.
- Work with ICT team to resolve technical issues across
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- -BA/BS or equivalent experience in multimedia journalism,
digital communications or relevant field.
- 2-5 years of reporting, writing and editing experience,
including for online platforms and social media.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software
- Basic knowledge of video and photo editing. Video and photo
production be considered an advantage.
- Good understanding of the digital landscape, social media
platforms and what makes digital content work.
- Experience using a CMS.
- Knowledge of immigration and refugee issues; previous work
experience in the immigration field desired.
- Ability to work independently with remote management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Spanish -required.
- How to Apply: To apply, please submit resume and cover letter
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Content Development Coordinator, Signpost (International Rescue Committee), Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!