Executive Sous Chef
Company: California's Great America
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Responsible for coordinating the production of food for all in-park
locations, picnics and catering events, and central productions.
Possesses the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job
tasks to a large work force, making certain that all staff who is
undertaking duties is performing them efficiently and safely.
Responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the
as well as supervising a large degree of kitchen staff, ready to
seize control of any situation at a moment's notice. Must have
comprehensive knowledge of managing PAR levels, budgets, and
scheduling as well as other administrative tasks.
- Ensures that all food and beverage product in the park is
consistently produced in accordance with established quality
standards including taste, temperature, and presentation; taking
immediate appropriate corrective actions as deficiencies are
detected to control levels of production, waste and spoilage.
Develops and implements menu items, recipes and product
presentation and introduces standards of quality with
- Collaborates with Executive Chef on menu development to ensure
park menus keep pace with changing public tastes, trends, and food
cost goals, including the research, development, testing and
sampling of new recipes and putting the chosen recipes into
production by park staff. Maintains all product and menu
information throughout the park.
- Develops and executes yearly budget for assigned cost centers
which meets or exceeds goals for revenue generation, cost control
(cost of goods, other costs & labor) and profit margins. This
includes conducting weekly and quarterly inventories to accurately
identify costs and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that all facilities and employees meet all health and
safety guidelines established by law and the Company, taking
immediate corrective actions as appropriate. This includes
conducting routine inspections of employees and facilities to
ensure all Health Code requirements are consistently being met and
appropriately corrected; and implementation and maintenance of
appropriate temperature logs for food and equipment at all park
- Orders food and supplies according to attendance projections
and utilization levels to ensure timely availability of needed
items; maintains inventory levels using FIFO method in all park
facilities; takes appropriate and immediate corrective actions to
address temporary shortages and immediate needs.
- Manages all aspects of the employment relationship with
assigned staff members including hiring, training, coaching,
counseling, daily oversight, performance management, scheduling,
timekeeping, one-on-one weekly staff meetings, adherence to all
Cedar Fair and park policies and procedures, and legal compliance
with all local, state and federal laws.
- Creates and manages schedule based on budgeted attendance and
- Communicates department status to Executive Chef as needed, but
at least daily. This includes operational issues, employee
concerns, guest complaints, special requests, losses, and any other
relevant reports in order to maintain daily operations.
- Demonstrates and enforces a commitment to guest service in all
aspects of daily work including the work of assigned staff,
ensuring staff follows all established guest service
- Ensure that all product for picnics and catering events, as
well as restaurants, are ordered on a timely manner. Also, assist
in picnic and catering events as needed.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park
policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO
policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all
aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's Degree (2 year College or Tech School), Culinary
Arts preferred. -
- 6 - 10 Years Related Experience, Culinary/Food & Beverage
- Must be at least 21 Years of Age.
- Working knowledge of international cuisine and food products,
ability to match wine and beer with food to create appropriate
- Some pastry experience desired.
- Knowledge of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, bakery
ovens, refrigeration, industrial mixers, slicers, and dish
- Extensive knowledge of multistage banquet events, ability to
organize multiple outlets
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Ability to manage multiple facilities, foods and logistics
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Certifications Required: ServSafe
Keywords: California's Great America, Santa Clara , Executive Sous Chef, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!