Organizer (Intersectional Justice Focus), Alianza Americas
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Alianza Americas is a 16 year old network of migrant-led
organizations working in the United States and transnationally to
create an inclusive, equitable and sustainable way of life for
communities across North, Central and South America. Alianza
Americas is the only transnational organization rooted in Latino
immigrant communities in the United States focused on improving the
quality of life of all people in the US-Mexico-Central America
migration corridor. Our work brings an important perspective to all
areas related to quality of life - economic, racial and social
justice, humane migration policies and protection for children and
families seeking refuge. Position: The Membership Organizer's core
focus is to help coordinate and drive intersectional justice
campaigns, while engaging and supporting Alianza's membership. The
Membership Organizer will build and strengthen relationships with
Alianza Americas grassroots member organizations and leaders around
the country, engage Alianza members in organizing and advocacy
campaigns, help plan and carry out capacity building activities,
and support the organizing team. This position will require
knowledge and skills on digital and grassroots organizing
strategies. This staff member will be a part of an intentionally
intersectional team working across issues and geographies. This
position will collaborate with multiple team members, and will
report directly to the Associate Director for Network Power.
Responsibilities: Grassroots and Digital Organizing
- Work closely with program staff to help coordinate and execute
organizing campaigns across issue areas, including, but not limited
to: health justice, economic justice, racial justice, innovative
practices in democracy, and human rights in migration.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the entire range of
priority issues for Alianza Americas as they apply to Latinx
immigrant communities in the United States and communities across
- Help lead digital and grassroots organizing campaigns as guided
by the organizing team. Coordination, Capacity, and Convening
- Discover and document member capacities and disseminate
information on member-led campaigns.
- Support networked campaigns with content information and
- Plan, develop agendas, and facilitate bi-weekly network
meetings, working alongside peer program staff.
- Assist in surveying and assessing member skills and existing
and emergent needs, to inform and develop capacity-building
- Collaborate to innovate new campaigns that reflect shared
values and priorities.
- Highlight member organizations' work, provide support, and
provide rapid response when needed. Qualifications:
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft and Google Suite skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated community organizing skills. How to Apply: To
apply, please send a brief cover letter, salary requirements, and
your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please answer the
following questions in your cover letter: 1) Why are you interested
in this position; 2) Your approach to organizing and coalition
building; 3) Factors you consider when creating new organizing
campaigns and strategies. We are currently hiring for several
positions, so please put "Membership Organizer" in the subject
heading of the email. Questions may also be sent to this email. We
will try to respond to questions within 48 hours.
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Organizer (Intersectional Justice Focus), Alianza Americas, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!