Systems Engineer, Manufacturing
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Systems Engineer, Manufacturing
Location: Santa Clara, CA (Hybrid)
Job Term: Full- Time
Picarro is seeking a Systems Engineer, Manufacturing to lead the
production of the next generation of laser-based analytical
instrumentation that will be capable of highly sensitive and
accurate measurements of volatile organic compounds. These novel
and transformative instruments will be deployed in a variety of
applications, from semiconductor manufacturing to industrial
emissions monitoring to air quality. The Engineer will work with a
cross-functional team and lead the manufacturing team in developing
and expanding the production line.
- Develop a deep understanding of the design and operation of
Picarro's sophisticated CRDS instruments.
- Play a critical role in the NPI process and own the entire
manufacturing process for the new product platform.
- Work closely with project leads, systems engineers,
hardware/software engineers and scientists to perform effective,
systematic, and creative design verification tests.
- Troubleshoot and failure analysis on products at various stages
of their PLC.
- Proactively identify and mitigate production risks and
troubleshoot problems and defects.
- Can be involved or lead engineering practices, including risk
analysis, design review, requirements definition, and product cost
management, and manage the timeline, resources, and budget
associated with the project.
- Ensure products are transferred with industry standard
performance, reliability, manufacturability, scalability, and
- Minimum of BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or other
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with an ability to
multi-task in a high growth start-up environment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation, semiconductor
capital equipment or complex medical diagnostic systems strongly
- Experience with conducting experiments and developing
scientific instruments in a laboratory or industrial context is a
- Data Visualization and Analysis skills required. Basic fluency
in programming (Python, Matlab, R, IGOR, etc) for Data Analysis
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and proficiency in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Picarro is pioneering a unique confluence of hardware, software and
cloud-based computing unlike anything being done today. By
manufacturing the precision instruments at the core of this
technology as well as developing the algorithms that enable cogent
information to be derived from the data, we are transforming how
world-class scientific, industrial and regulatory compliance
measurements are made, and more importantly, who makes them.
Infrared optical spectroscopy is a proven technology for delivering
precise, real-time measurement of the constituents in a gas stream
with high sensitivity and selectivity. Recent developments in laser
technology allow for a very significant increase in the number of
species that can be measured simultaneously, leading to an
unprecedented increase in the amount of information that can be
collected and to corresponding challenges in extracting information
from the results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor
on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies
and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may contact Picarro, Inc. at email@example.com
Keywords: Picarro, Santa Clara , Systems Engineer, Manufacturing, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!