Campaign Coordinator - Newark Immigrants Rights Program, American Friends Service Committee
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Campaign Coordinator - Newark Immigrants Rights Program,
American Friends Service Committee The American Friends Service
Committee is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with
justice, as a practical expression of faith in action. Drawing on
continuing spiritual insights and working with people of many
backgrounds, we nurture the seeds of change and respect for human
life that transform social relations and systems. - Position:
The Campaign Coordinator is responsible to lead a developing
campaign toward the release of all detainees from Elizabeth
Detention Center. The Coordinator will also provide support for
AFSC's national #FreeThemAll campaign. The Campaign Coordinator
will build a coalition and expand relationships with allies and
state and federal legislators of New Jersey. The Campaign
Coordinator will develop materials, plan events, and identify
impacted community members to share stories. -
- Establish campaign plans and strategies in partnership with
staff, key allies, and impacted individuals.
- Build cohesive and harmonious #FreeEDC coalition and conduct
regular campaign and subgroup meetings. -
- Collect and share stories of impacted community members with
campaign partners and policy makers.
- Develop and organize #FreeEDC campaign materials and plan
public actions including social-distance compliant rallies and
- Work with immigrants who have been impacted by detention,
especially those detained at Elizabeth Detention Center, to share
their stories and becomes spokespersons for the campaign.
- Support AFSC Human Migration and Mobility Director in launching
#FreeThemAll campaign including helping with the coordination of
national day of actions and sharing materials with other AFSC
- Represent AFSC at coalition meetings and gatherings.
- Meet regularly with supervisor. Qualifications:
- At least two or three years of successful community organizing
or policy campaign experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multicultural
- Familiarity with current immigration policy issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain alliances with other
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is
- strongly preferred.
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build mutually
respectful relationships with co-workers, clients, and the
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably with Quaker
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, well-organized, able to
prioritize assignments and workload.
- Driver's license and access to a car preferred. -
- Commitment to Quaker values and testimonies.
- Understanding of and compatibility with the principles and
philosophy of the American Friends Service Committee including
non-violence and the belief in the intrinsic worth of every
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles, concerns,
and considerations, of AFSC in regard to issues of race, class,
nationality, religion, age, gender and sexual orientation, and
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with diverse
staff. How to Apply:
To apply for this position, or for more information, click here
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Campaign Coordinator - Newark Immigrants Rights Program, American Friends Service Committee, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!