CHR Program Officer, ABA Center for Human Rights
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position:The American Bar Association Center for Human Rights is
the ABA's focal entity for critical human rights concerns in the
United States and around the world. The Center is seeking a Program
Officer to support the day-to-day administration and implementation
of international technical assistance program(s) and to provide
advanced administrative and financial support, including management
of budgets and monitoring and evaluation systems, to one or more
grant programs for the Latin America & the Caribbean region.
Candidates should be detail-oriented, able to work well in
cross-cultural settings, and comfortable working in a fast-paced
environment. They should be a strong writer with experience using
Microsoft Excel and be excited to contribute to the Center's human
rights mission by providing operational support. Candidates with
strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are
highly desired. Ideal candidates will have experience conducting
monitoring and evaluation activities as well as managing budgets
for grant-funded programs. Full working proficiency or fluency in
Spanish is strongly preferred.Responsibilities:
- Assists in the creation of elementary aspects of work plan
development and tracks all aspects of program implementation.
- Participates in the development of projects and supports
- Provides support in the recruitment of short- and long-term
experts within assigned area.
- Assists in the preparation and editing of reports to and for
- Provides support to and is accountable for logistical
arrangements for domestic and international events and is
accountable for the preparation of relevant briefing
- Provides support in the development of M&E plans and
- Participates in the preparation of information and materials
provided to donors.
- Coordinates and participates in research activities as
- Assists in all compliance efforts with ABA and other donor
policies, practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Accountable for adherence to and compliance with the Foreign
Corrupt Practices Act.
- Monitors program finances and expenses, and updates funding
- Conducts research related to Program initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or
equivalent work experience
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a program
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Full working proficiency or fluency in Spanish
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Experience conducting monitoring and evaluation activities and
managing budgets for grant-funded program(s). Fundraising or grant
writing experience is a plus
- Experience preferably in an association, non-profit, and/or NGO
- Analytical problem-solving ability and self-direction
- Previous work experience overseas
- Strong research and writing skills
- Meeting or event planning experience.How to Apply:Applicants
should submit a detailed cover letter, resume, and three references
via the ABA Dayforce Career Portal. Please outline language skills
in cover letter.
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , CHR Program Officer, ABA Center for Human Rights, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!