CNC Lathe Machinist
Company: Employnet Inc
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 13, 2023
- conduct all set-up and quality operations in support of
machining for self and others.
- Set-up and Operate machines in accordance with process sheets
and any other required paperwork
- (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Create, edit and/or retrieve CNC programs from system files and
- Use manufacturing paperwork (travelers, blueprints, sketches,
etc) to: manufacture product that meets quality
- Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection. If
non-conforming, process via non-conforming material
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
- Correctly process work via required paperwork and MRP
- Advise supervision of issues that arise.
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary: non-CNC equipment
operation, hand-work operations, inspections, saw-cut operations,
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic
drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining
parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Able to do offset, compensations, and conditional switches;
calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and
trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; adhering
to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
- Documents actions by completing production and quality
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read & understand blueprints and technical documents
- machine operation.
- A genuine belief in continuous improvement and disciplined
processes and a willingness to analyze, challenge and change
processes, if needed, to create a more efficient environment and
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Self starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Firm understanding of CNC programs including formatting and
- Ability to use various inspection gages.
- Confidence to approach supervisor with suggestions to changes
to processes, if needed, to create a more efficient environment and
- Basic computer knowledge: Store, retrieve, and transfer CNC
data as required
- Coordinate with other functional areas as needed to implement and
change CNC programs
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Be a team player
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise CNC Operator.
- 5+ years of experience CNC Lathe Mill Setup/Operator
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and commitment to excellence.
Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
Keywords: Employnet Inc, Santa Clara , CNC Lathe Machinist, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...