Company: California's Great America
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Salary details: $24-28/hr. based on experience.
Creates and maintains a flawless landscaping environment for our
guests. Maintains all lakes, streams, and ornamental water systems
according to health and safety guidelines. Responsibilities and
requirements may vary by location.
- Installs, maintains, feeds, prunes, trims, and waters a variety
of ornamental plants, trees, and shrubs in order to maintain a
beautiful park and environment.
- Manually removes, installs, and maintains plant material in
beds and containers. Relocates specimen trees and shrubs. Designs
or assists in design of landscaping beds.
- Cleans fountains and lakes as needed. Keeps gardens and green
spaces clear of debris.
- Operates machinery for loading, unloading, and transporting
materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Installs and maintains the sprinkler and irrigation systems
that keep parks, gardens, and various green spaces watered.
- Monitors irrigation lines so they can find a problem faster and
keeps a record of how the irrigation system performs.
- Maintains aesthetic quality and adequate clearances around
rides, lighting, roadways, midways, signage, safety equipment, and
- Assists with the control and removal of wild and feral animals
that may encroach on Park property.
- Works safely with a variety of power trimming, mowing, and
tilling equipment, such as mowers, edgers, string trimmers,
tractors, tillers, etc. as required by job assignment. Operates
different kinds of heavy machinery such as mowers, tractors, and
trenchers effectively and safely.
- Operates equipment that can include sprinklers, water lines,
pumps, suction devices, valves, and other plumbing equipment.
- Inspects premises to identify infestation source and extent of
damage to property, wall, and roof porosity, and access to infested
locations at parks.
- Exterminates unwanted creatures with the use of different
techniques that are harmful to the pest.
- Sets different pest control methods like creating barriers to
prevent pests from entering a building, setting mechanical traps,
and placing poisonous paste or bait in sewers, burrows, and
- Ensures a building free from pests by maintaining the
structural integrity of the building and ensuring the health and
safety of occupants.
- Determines the type of treatment needed to eliminate the pests
and clean and remove blockages from infested areas to facilitate
spraying procedure and provide drainage. Cleans work site after
completion of job.
- Interacts with and communicates with various groups and
individuals, such as the immediate supervisor, other Park managers
and staff, co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, inspectors,
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest, including initiating guest interactions,
answering questions, and giving directions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities Differentiation: Performs basic landscaping
and seeks guidance on complex landscaping work.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of different plants
and their maintenance requirements, such as water, prune, weed, and
fertilizer. Good skills with using tools and equipment needed for
landscape work. Ability to understand and comply with requirements
for the safe performance of work. Good verbal and written
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- License or Certification: Valid driver's license.
- Experience: Typically requires at least 2 years of irrigation,
hardscaping, planting, and pesticide experience.
- Equivalency: Directly related experience or a combination of
directly related education and experience and/or competencies may
be considered in place of the above requirements.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
per business needs.
Keywords: California's Great America, Santa Clara , Landscaper, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...