Principal System Engineer
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The PositionWe are looking for a passionate Principal System
Engineer to join our Systems Development Group to support the Next
Generation Sequencing (NGS) products, with a strong focus on the
automation of the NGS process and data analysis. You will be a
hands-on key contributor in feasibility, development testing and
integration phases of end-to-end NGS solutions, according to
customer & product requirements, applicable regulatory and quality
standards. Responsibilities:This position is responsible for, but
not limited to, the following:
- Perform systems development activities as part of the project
team to develop new NGS solutions and ensure the product design
meets customer needs as well as applicable regulations or
standards. May serve as the Systems representative on
cross-functional teams and efforts.
- Participate in developing and managing a large subsystem-level
or system level product requirements, critical parameter management
(CPM) & configuration management and traceability analysis.
- Develop, execute and document test cases for verification and
validation. Ensure complete and comprehensive coverage of
requirements in the test campaign.
- Plan and prioritize activities /assignments to guide junior
- Perform systems integration and testing activities to verify
system performance through simulation, test, and measurements.
Assess results for applicability, validity, and conformance to
- Work independently with general management direction to drive
product development and collaborations to identify opportunities
for continuous improvement.
- Perform product risk management activities using tools such as
Hazard Analysis or Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
according to Roche's applicable regulatory and quality standards
and provide risk mitigation recommendations to the project
- Collaborate with project teams and internal/external
stakeholders to create project artifacts and maintain related
documents in Design history files.
- Keep supervisor/project leader informed of project status,
particularly of significant findings and results in critical
- Perform work according to established internal safety
guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external
regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA).
- Maintain compliance as required by regulatory bodies and the
company's quality system.Who you are You're someone who wants to
influence your own development. You're looking for a company where
you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions
and geographies.Where a job title is not considered the final
definition of who you are, but the starting point.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or
related disciplines. Advanced degree preferred.
- Required BS or equivalent with 8+ years related experience or
MS with 5+ years related experience; preferred MS with 6+ years
related experience. BS with 5 years' experience or MS with 3+ year
end-to-end NGS application development experience is encouraged to
apply but could be subject to a level re-calibration.
- Strong data analysis skills using standard analysis software
(e.g. with JMP) and able to determine how best to represent it
visually to managers and stakeholders.
- Hands-on development experience of at least one of the
programming languages such as Python, R, and Java for hardware
automation or statistics analysis applications.
- Knowledge of all phases of DNA sequencing domain knowledge is
- Experience with systems reliability is highly desirable.
- Hand-on troubleshooting experience with automated systems is
- Experience using automated (SW) testing tools to drive systems
integration is desirable.
- Experience with cloud deployment is desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and
interpersonal skills and fast learner.Relocation benefits are not
offered for this position. The expected salary range for this
position based on the primary location of Santa Clara, CA is
$120,500 and $152,500. Actual pay will be determined based on
experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other
job-related factors permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus
may be available based on individual and Company performance. This
position also qualifies for the benefits detailed here:Who we areAt
Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing
back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become
one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our
success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.Roche is an
equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful
discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical
condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability and need
an accommodation in connection with the on-line application
process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Santa Clara , Principal System Engineer, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!