Development Service Associate
Company: The Santa Clara University
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Development Service Associate page is loaded Development Service
Associate Apply locations Santa Clara, CA time type Full time
posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R3945 Position
Title:Development Service AssociatePosition Type:RegularHiring
Range: $22.02 - $25.31 per hour, commensurate with experience. Pay
Frequency:HourlySanta Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit,
Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley,
offering its 9,000 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in
arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D.,
and law degrees.Ranked among the top 15 percent of universities
nationwide by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is
California's oldest operating institution of higher education. The
University is focused on creating an academic community that
educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane,
and sustainable world.University Relations builds Santa Clara
University's excellence and character by strengthening relations
with alumni, parents, and friends of the University, raising public
awareness, and increasing private philanthropy. A. POSITION
PURPOSEThe Development Service Associate is a member of the
Advancement Services team within University Relations and reports
to the Senior Director, Gift and Data Services. This position
performs a variety of complex duties associated with a highly
confidential gift processing function.B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThe Development Service Associate is responsible
for gift entry and researching, entering and maintaining data in
the Blackbaud CRM database. In addition, this position is
responsible for creating new biographical entities for donors,
prospects and corporations as needed, researching, and maintaining
all levels of biographical information. This position requires an
individual who is highly detail oriented who can learn and
comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and
procedures. 1. Demographic maintenance
- Process Alumni Directory requests through Blackbaud Internet
- Research and make changes to address information using web
search engines, e.g. Alumni Finder, Hoovers, and Google.
- Update all events using the BBIS software, e.g., Alumni Chapter
events, Law Alumni, Athletics, and Business.
- Maintain SCU board and committee affiliations.
- Process National Change of Address updates.
- Manage returned mail updates.
- Create new constituent records.
- Decease constituents, using search tools available to obtain
obituaries or other proof of death.
- Link relationships; e.g., spouse, child, employment.
- Update education records. 2. Gift Entry
- Process gifts and event registrations in batch as needed. This
includes the receipt, logging and processing of cash, checks and
credit card transactions.
- Process pledges and recurring gifts.
- Process receipts, pledge reminders and tributes through the
- Learn other gift entry responsibilities as needed. 3. Special
- Support creation of records for incoming SCU students and
- Process other demographic project requests from internal and
external sources. 4. Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare, process and reconcile payment requests and
reimbursements according to University policies and
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, appointments and
conference calls as needed, including, necessary travel
arrangements, itineraries and meeting materials. C. PROVIDES WORK
- Help train and supervise student workers in basic demographic
updates.D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
- Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve
quality and services.
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and
presents recommendations for improvement of established processes
- Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for
- Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools;
planned training and performance initiatives.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and
efficient workflow. -
- Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project
status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy
and timeliness of all operational functions.E. QUALIFICATIONSTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and
experience required or preferred.This position requires the ability
to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships within a diverse multicultural environment. 1.
- Knowledge of fundraising or similar relational database.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of fundraising and
donor relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge and experience using technology to enhance
communications as well as operational efficiencies in the
- Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Santa Clara
University and the vision and values of a Jesuit Catholic
educational institution. 2. Skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and research skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in using word
processing, Excel spreadsheets, database and web resources.
Experience with CRM database and Blackbaud Internet Solutions, or
experience with other relational databases is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build
relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners
and donors. 3. Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with broad and
diverse constituencies based upon integrity, critical thinking,
outstanding operational performance, customer service orientation
and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in situations requiring independent
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with
- Expert planning, coordination and organizational skills that
reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work within given time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a
- Flexibility in changes to work assignments.
- Ability to focus on a repetitive task for long periods of
- Ability to interpret and analyze data to make informed
decisions. 4. Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of
education/training and experience. 5. Years of Experience
- Minimum 3 years or relevant experience in administrative
support role required.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office
- 1 to 4 years of experience with relational databases. F.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended,
the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other
applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for
qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a
person who meets skill, experience, education, or other
requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential
functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer
- May be required to travel to other buildings on the
- May be required to attend conference and training sessions
within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
G. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described below are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment.
- Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
- Offices with equipment noise.
- Offices with frequent interruptions. COVID-19 Statement The
health and safety of the university community is a top priority. -
All Santa Clara University students, and employees are required to
be vaccinated against - COVID -19 or request a medical or religious
-exemption. Please visit our - COVID -19 -webpage -for additional
information. EEO StatementEqual Opportunity/Notice of
NondiscriminationSanta Clara University is an equal
opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully
committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all
Federal and California State laws, regulations, and executive
orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Applications from members of historically underrepresented groups
are especially encouraged. For a complete copy of Santa Clara
University's equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies, see
https://www.scu.edu/title-ix/policies-reports/ Title IX of the
Education Amendments of 1972Santa Clara University does not
discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational
programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender, and prohibits
retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or
participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint
process internally or externally. The Title IX Coordinator and
Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is Aaron Zisser , Director of Equal
Opportunity and Title IX, 408-551-3043, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
www.scu.edu/title-ix . Inquiries can also be made to the Assistant
Secretary of Education within the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
-Clery Notice of AvailabilitySanta Clara University annually
collects information about campus crimes and other reportable
incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the
Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety
Services -website . To request a paper copy please call Campus
Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime,
venue, and number of occurrences.Americans with Disabilities
ActSanta Clara University affirms its commitment to employ
qualified individuals with disabilities within the workplace and to
comply with the Americans with Disability Act. All applicants
desiring an accommodation should contact the Department of Human
Resources , and 408-554-5750 and request to speak to Indu Ahluwalia
by phone at 408-554-5750 or by email at email@example.com. About
Us Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic
university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its
8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and
sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law
degrees. Santa Clara University requires all employees to be fully
vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. This mandate allows for
limited exemptions and a grace period for new hires to comply with
the vaccination requirement.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor work visas for staff
positions. If hired, individuals must independently provide proof
of their eligibility to work in the United States. Santa Clara
University offers a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees with programs and resources designed to promote
and sustain personal health care, well-being, and the financial
objectives of our employees and families. Visit our benefits -page
for more information.
Keywords: The Santa Clara University, Santa Clara , Development Service Associate, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!