Summer Intern - System Development Department
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 7, 2024
The Position2024 Summer Intern - System Development
DepartmentDepartment SummaryOur System Development team is
committed to evaluating and integrating systems for
sequencing-related in-vitro diagnostic applications. We are a
diverse group of agile engineers and scientists, deeply passionate
about delivering high-quality solutions to our customers. Our work
is at the intersection of hardware, software, assays, and clinical
data.This internship position is located in Santa Clara, on site.
Key Responsibilities1 Data Analysis
- Assist in analyzing high-throughput biological data, such as
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, using established
computational tools and pipelines.
- Perform quality control, preprocessing, and basic statistical
analysis of biological datasets.2 Algorithm Implementation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of
computational algorithms or scripts for processing and analyzing
biological data.3 Literature Review
- Stay informed about the latest developments in genomics and
bioinformatics through literature review.
- Summarize relevant research papers and contribute to
understanding current trends in the field.4 Data Visualization
- Create visualizations to aid in the interpretation of
- Assist in developing clear and informative figures for
presentations and reports.5 Collaboration
- Collaborate with team members and researchers to understand
project goals and contribute effectively to ongoing research
- Attend team meetings and present updates on assigned tasks.6
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of analysis
procedures, codes, and results.
- Document any troubleshooting or optimization steps undertaken
during the internship.7 Professional Development
- Engage in skill-building activities, training sessions, and
workshops to enhance computational biology and bioinformatics
- Attend seminars or webinars related to genomics and
computational biology.Program Highlights
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid
- Program start dates are in May/June (Summer)
- A stipend, based on location, will be provided to help
alleviate costs associated with the internship.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology
industry.Who You Are (Required) Required Education
- Must be pursuing a Master's Degree or PhD machine learning,
statistics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering or a data
science related field.
- Completed at least 2 years of graduate studies to be eligible
for the program.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before
program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End
Poster Symposium).Required skills:
- Strong data analytical skill in Python or equivalent
- Proficiency in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision
and image analysis concepts
- Proficiency in python programming to implement machine learning
libraries (such as Scikit-learn, Pandas, Nmpy,Seaborn).
- Familiarity with deep learning libraries (e.g., PyTorch,
TensorFlow, PyG, or DGL).
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn best practices for
code development and maintenance, using Git for version
- Resourcefulness: Ability to quickly assimilate new information
to perform assigned tasks effectively.
- Understand the Design of Experiments.
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn about Linux OS
commands and tools such as Conda, Docker, or Singularity.
- Familiarity with Research or IVD applications using NGS based
- Self-motivated and quicker learner.
- Any prior experience or coursework involving MLops tools or
involvement in projects with large-scale data or model
implementations, like Large Language Models, would be a plus.
- Familiarity with or interest in applying image processing
methods to biomedical images. Any experience or knowledge of
utilizing acceleration hardware would be a plus.
- Exposure to or eagerness to learn about training and evaluating
deep learning models using cloud-managed services such as AWS or
- Must have a ---3.0 GPA.Relocation benefits are not available
for this job postingThe expected salary range for this position
based on the primary location of Santa Clara, CA is $22 - $50/hr.
Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications,
geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by
law. This position also qualifies for paid holiday time off
benefits. #Roche-R&D-Interns-2024 (ROCHE)Who we areAt Roche,
more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the
frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the
world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is
built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.Roche is an equal
opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination
based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry,
age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you
have a disability and need an accommodation in relation to the
online application process, please contact us by completing this
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Santa Clara , Summer Intern - System Development Department, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!