Senior Architect, Memory Subsystem - Hardware
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 28, 2020
We are now looking for a Senior Architect in our Memory
NVIDIA is building the world's fastest highly-parallel processing
systems for automotive, deep-learning, entertainment,
high-performance computation applications. Our high-bandwidth
multi-client memory subsystems are pushing the boundaries with
every generation. As we increase levels of parallelism, bandwidth
and capacity, we are presented with design challenges exacerbated
by clients with varying but simultaneous needs such as real-time,
low latency, and high-bandwidth. In addition we are continuing to
add and evolve additional features in the areas of security,
virtualization, and programming model capabilities.
What you'll be doing:
- Invent and craft new memory sub-system architectures.
- Explore architecture trade-offs in system performance, quality
of service, area, and power consumption.
- Drive the functional requirements of the system like security,
coherency, virtualization, etc.
- Develop interconnect (Network-on-chip - NOC) and memory
hierarchies for high performance parallel computer
- Build performance simulators and models and workloads to
validate the same.
- Develop functional models and test suites.
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or a relevant related area of focus.
- 5+ years of architecture research and/or development of memory
hierarchy, high speed interconnects, or DRAM controller. A
demonstrated history of technical leadership is a huge plus.
- 7+ years of research and development experience in performance
analysis, tools, or simulators.
- 7+ years of C/C++ development.
- Knowledge of high performance memory system or interconnect
architectures, experience with various virtualization techniques,
including performance modeling and functional modeling and
- Systems experience in characterizing and debugging performance
issues and driving tradeoffs and solutions.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in domains of Processor
architecture, High-Performance Computing (HPC), Virtualization,
Memory Hierarchies and Coherency, Interconnect Architectures, and
The GPU has shown to be unbelievably effective at solving some of
the most complex problems in computer science. It started out as an
engine for simulating human imagination, conjuring up the amazing
virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films. Today, NVIDIA's
GPU simulates human intelligence, running deep learning algorithms
and acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars
that can perceive and understand the world. NVIDIA is increasingly
known as "the AI computing company."
NVIDIA is one of the technology world's most desirable employers.
We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in
the world working for us. Are you a creative and autonomous system
architect with a drive for crafting the highest performing silicon?
Are you passionate about leading the next wave of computing? If so,
we want to hear from you!NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse
work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As
we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we
do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion
practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, disability status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, Santa Clara , Senior Architect, Memory Subsystem - Hardware, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!