Real Estate Manager
Company: Digital Realty
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Real Estate Manager
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to
TwitterTwitterShare to PrintPrintShare to EmailEmailShare to
Santa Clara, CA
This highly visible role offers you the opportunity to take
ownership of the overall management and maintenance for Digital
Realty's property. As Real Estate Manager, you will enjoy working
independently yet within a dynamic and supportive management
structure, where you will oversee a staff of direct reports and
make your mark on the operations of data center facility by
leveraging your property management, leadership and problem solving
skills. If you're a self-driven property management professional
eager to join a leading global data center solutions provider with
an excellent industry track record and tremendous potential for
continuous, ongoing growth, we look forward to hearing from
The ideal candidate for this role will either have extensive
experience as a property manager or some experience in property
management combined with data center experience as well.
Additionally, in order to be a good fit for this opportunity you
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Real Estate, or
Finance, or the comparable experience.
- Four to seven years of related experience.
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principals and
the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business
- The ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints
from customers, employees, or management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of common terms and
components related to HVAC and electrical infrastructure (including
primary and back-up systems).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal
communications, with the capability to create complex financial and
business related documents.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external
- Experience with acquisitions and implementing / creating new
systems and procedures would be a strong plus. Tenant improvement
and construction experience is also preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel for training and orientation
As the Real Estate Manager, you will be responsible for all
financial aspects and the overall management and maintenance of the
building, including a robust mechanical and electrical
infrastructure that was built specifically for our customer.
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting and
control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly
reports, and variance reports.
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounts payable process,
including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common
area maintenance estimates, tune-ups, reconciliations, compliance
with lease terms, and preparation of all related
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to
ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the
Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to solve the
- Maintain strong relationship with customers.
- Oversee the selection and performance of vendor services,
including preparation of request for proposals and service
agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and
standards established in the service agreement are being met;
supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make
recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and
Technical Operations Team for the portfolio to ensure that all
corporate objectives are being met.
- Supervise and manage team members to ensure exceptional
performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Responsible for the development, coaching, and counseling of
the team members.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview
of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing
a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center
campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of
open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional
service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new
Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services,
carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial
strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where
our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that
become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and
prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value
customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation
strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich
portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe,
Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of
all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information
technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life
sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with
investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer,
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of
Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Keywords: Digital Realty, Santa Clara , Real Estate Manager, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!