Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Johnson & Johnson, Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD) group is
recruiting for a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer with a focus on
computers and processor/graphics selection. This position is
located in Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global
leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every
operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant
contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the
first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive
procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of
Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most
pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives.
Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including
robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices,
trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical
conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation
to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit .
Johnson & Johnson is seeking a highly motivated individual who is a
self-starter and is passionate about computer systems design for
complex robotic systems!
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a
multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop complex hardware
designs. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an
eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in a
very fast paced environment. You are expected to demonstrate
advanced knowledge of computer and network systems, be able to
absorb information and distill requirements, be able to
independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems,
and be capable of presenting vital information broadly across
Core Job Responsibilities
- Using requirements developed through multi-functional team
input, design and develop computer and network architecture schemes
for advanced robotic systems.
- Distill internal requirements into subsystem specifications for
computer designs including memory, processing power, computing
speeds, graphics, thermals.
- Understand commercial product roadmaps related to processing
systems to resolve short term and long term needs and
- Deliver documentation to support computer architecture
decisions in medical devices such as technical reviews, test
results, and theory of operations.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teammates to develop robust
architectures driven by test and simulation analysis.
- Perform component and subsystem level testing to ensure
conformance to design. Testing may include EMI and ESD analysis,
test fixturing, and thermal analysis, in addition to other
specialties for specific projects.
- Participate in design reviews, fault safety analysis, and
design FMEA analysis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor's of science in Engineering with 3-5
years or Master of Science in Engineering with 3+ years in a
- Demonstrated deep understanding of computer and network
- Proven experience designing and developing custom computer
solutions from feasibility through to production.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Experience designing electronics in safety-critical
- Experience in Medical Devices.
- Experience using Altium Designer
- Experience with Thermal Analysis Tools
- Experience with Linux and Real-time Operating systems and
middleware, such as Ubuntu, and QNX
- Familiarity with both X86 and ARM computer architectures
Together we will change the world.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity
employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Santa Clara , Senior Electrical Systems Engineer, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!