Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo
Company: Goldrich & Kest Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 25, 2021
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale
and congregate care through acquisition and development while
providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Job Summary: Under the Supervision of the Community Manager, the
Maintenance Manager is responsible to maintain the overall
appearance and maintenance needs of the community. Responsibilities
include curb appeal; supervise the maintenance staff; coordinate
make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform general
maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee
the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
The selected candidate will collaborate with the Community Manager
for the overall property in order to assist the leasing staff in
achieving the overall occupancy goals, and for assisting in
resident retention by providing a quality living experience for the
residents. Essential Functions: This job description should not be
interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the
essential functions and requirements of this position. The
incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities
and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property's
maintenance team. Apply GK policies and procedures to all
maintenance operations of the community.
- Prioritize work assignments and evaluate job performance of
maintenance associates. Ensure all work is completed according to
- Collaborate with the Community Manager to coordinate the
move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion
of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns
need to be completed in 5 days.
- Perform, schedule and supervise maintenance repairs throughout
the property including the common area amenities, resident occupied
units, and vacant units in preparation for new resident
- Work with vendors to coordinate repairs. Ensure quality work is
- Assist Community Manager in obtaining proposals from vendors as
- Manage open service requests through Onesite. Work orders need
to be completed in 24-48 hours.
- Communicates with the Community Manager regarding the status of
work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all
equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on
various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming
pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and
- Performs common area painting.
- Conducts monthly lighting inspections and replacements of
lights where needed.
- Completes monthly and annual inspections on time. Follow up on
any issues needing improvement.
- Keep work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas, equipment
clean, and well organized.
- Consistently maintains a clean and attractive environment
around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, and all common
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which
includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs,
trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris,
including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied
at all times.
- Maintains the property's flowerbeds, plants, and grass area,
including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance (including pool
- Maintains clean laundry rooms, mailrooms, doors, and light
fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Ensure policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance
expectations are met.
- Reports to Community Manager any inoperable vehicles on
property, leaks, mold, injury, criminal activity and ensures
incident report is submitted immediately.
- Provide safety training and instruction for newly hired
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a
safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and
- Provide input to the Community Manager for performance reviews
for community maintenance associates.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements and
require compliance of maintenance associates.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful staff.
- Comply with GK's key control policy by all maintenance
associates, vendors, and contractors. All keys must be secured and
no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK
- Presents a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident
satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Any other job duties or responsibility that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers,
visitors, and residents
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management,
and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance services
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses in line
with the budget Physical Requirements: While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all
day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60
pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Goldrich & Kest Inc., Santa Clara , Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!