Preventive Maintenance Technician
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: Perform basic preventive maintenance on
commercial equipment and facilities.PRINCIPAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES1. Machine Maintenance
- Change Willemin Coolant filters daily.
- Check all machine for Cutting Oil and add as needed.
- Check all pumps for Lube Oil and add Lube Oil as needed.
- Change Willemin & Matsuura Air filters as needed.
- Check Coolant levels daily on the vertical mills and add
Coolant as needed.
- Change Air filters of the Air Compressors outside as
- Check stock of Cutting Oil, Lube Oil and Filters for all
machines and order as needed.
- Check EDM Di-water level and add as needed.
- Fill out required PM sheets at every machine per schedule.
- Clean Coolant trays at each machine per schedule.
- Keep stock of Coolant & Air filters, cut and ready for
- Communicate when the chip recycle containers are full to
- Clean grinder and floor with vacuum and remove carbide
- Clean filters on both sinks.
- Vacuum computers on the shop floor and office as needed.2.
- Clean the lunchroom refrigerators and food storage area as
- Change air filters on all three A/C units per schedule.
- Check bathroom daily if hand soap, toilet paper and paper
towels are needed.
- Break down boxes before disposing in recycle bin. 3. Safety
- Actively perform inspection of hazardous material & hazardous
waste storage, keep area clean.
- Actively perform fire safety inspection and fire
- Keep walkways free of obstruction, cleanup any spills around
machines and throughout the shop.
- Actively monitor Pest infestation throughout the facility and
inform manager to coordinate with Pest control service provider as
needed.4. Other Duties may be assigned as needed such as
- Cut and relieve tools.· Organize machine tool setup area.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS5. REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES· Basic math skills· Ability to read
and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals.· Strong
written and oral communication skills to support business needs in
an English-speaking environment6. PREFERRED SKILLS · Ability to
effectively communicate with employees of the organization.·
Ability to understand how their actions may impact other portions
of the business.7. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE· High School graduate or
General Education Degree (G.E.D.); and/or 1-year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience8. WORKING CONDITIONS· While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly in all areas of the building
(manufacturing, inspection, shipping/receiving, and office). The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee
is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or
airborne particles.9. TRAINING REQUIRMENTS· See the Training Matrix
(QF-0033) for training requirements.
Keywords: Biomerics, Santa Clara , Preventive Maintenance Technician, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!