Sign Shop Technician
Company: California's Great America
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Overview: Working with us is an opportunity that can pay off for
years to come - with skills, knowledge, experiences and friends
that can last a lifetime!
A Part-Time job with us can lead to a successful future. That's
because you will:
- Develop resume-building skills to help achieve your career
- Work in a welcoming and diverse environment
- Gain knowledge through training programs and work experience
JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY:
Designs and constructs park signage and banners with the use of
computer sign package and hand painting.
Responsibilities: You'll Make a Difference:
- Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through
- Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming
environment with your team
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety
- Applies computer generated vinyl letters and graphics to a
variety of sign materials.
- Uses computer to compose banners, posters, and signs.
- Carefully aligns and centers lettering and graphics on
sign/banner while positioning.
- Operates the plotter to cut out vinyl images including aligning
and changing rolls and performing preventive maintenance.
- Operates lamination machine to enclose signs and
posters.Prepares sign surfaces to receive vinyl graphics.
- Produces signage from scale drawings, blue prints and sign
- Repairs and maintains existing signs by hand painting and/or
- Hand paints new and re-painted park signage.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of sign materials available
for maintenance and construction.
- Assists in the installation and removal of signs and banners
throughout the park.
- Communicates with other departments and vendors in the
construction of signs and banners.
- Ensures that Maintenance Department and Park policies and
procedures are implemented and followed.
- Uses a variety of supplies and tools which may include clerical
supplies, mechanic's tools, automotive tools, other hand
and power tools, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Operates hand-held radio.
- Works with food & beverage department to update vinyl/magnetic
- Works with games department to update vinyl/magnetic strips for
- Ability to anticipate, prepare and plan ahead.
- Ability to work with other people.
- Displays good judgment.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of
- Prepares and/or processes numerous maintenance records, charts,
- Maneuverability and mobility to work throughout Park property
in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals
such as the immediate supervisor, other Park
management and Associates, co-workers, counterparts from other
parks, guests, manufacturer's representatives, vendors,
contractors, inspectors, etc.
- Notifies supervisor of any malfunctions or special situations
that needs his/her attention.
- Assists and/or performs duties of Ride Operators as
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety
guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual
conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee
Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and
- Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications: We're looking
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your
smile and positive nature
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in , providing fun
while having fun at work
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather
- Demonstrated experience in sign construction to include surface
preparation, painting, graphics, and layout using variuos
materials (i.e. wood, vinyl, MDO, etc).
- Experience/training with hand toolds and carpentry tools
- Some demonstrated computer expreience/knowledge helpful.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
previous employment, education and personal references, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Ready to start your future now? Apply Today!
Keywords: California's Great America, Santa Clara , Sign Shop Technician, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!