Staff Electrical Engineer R&D
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Description - Staff Electrical Engineer R&D
(2206078365W) Staff Electrical Engineer R&D - 2206078365W
Description Johnson & Johnson, Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD)
group is recruiting for a Staff Electrical Engineer located in
Santa Clara, CA.Johnson & Johnson is redefining medical
intervention by combining advancements in medical robotics,
instrumentation, navigation and data science. We are building a
platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of
robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.OverviewJohnson &
Johnson is seeking a highly motivated individual who is a
self-starter and is passionate about electrical design for
sophisticated and complex robotic systems.This position places an
emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering
team to develop complex hardware designs. Candidates must be self
motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a
team, and a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment. You
are expected to demonstrate advanced electrical engineering
knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult
technical problems, and have communication capabilities vital to
communicate broadly across engineering teams.Core Job
- Develop, produce, and test simple to complex printed circuit
boards for various robotic tasks.
- Build functional setups for PCA testing and reliability.
- Deliver documentation to support designs of PCAs such as
technical reviews, test results, and theory of operations.
- Work closely with multi-functional teammates to develop robust
architectures and functionality
- Perform component and subsystem level testing to ensure
conformance to design, safety, and compliance.
- Participate in design reviews and design FMEA analysis.
- When applicable, develop embedded test software (C) to
facilitate board bringup, test, and debug of newly crafted
electrical hardware. (desired)
- Lead subsystem projects with minimal guidance and act as a
mentor to younger engineers.
- Define priorities with limited mentorship according to program
objectives. Qualifications Required Knowledge/Skills, Education,
- BSEE with 8+ years or MSEE with 6+ years in a related
- Proficiencies in Altium Designer
- Proven experience designing and developing complex electrical
systems from feasibility through to production.
- Proven track record providing technical direction, guidance and
expertise to others.
- Familiarity with C programming and microcontroller peripherals
such as SIP, I2C, and other various protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to debug and test using high speed
oscilloscopes and other tools.
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Technical leadership and management of projects including
external contractors, partners and suppliers.
- Thorough understanding of board level printed circuit design
and high-speed signal integrity issues to facilitate cohesive
development with partnered circuit designers.
- Ability to travel up to 10%Preferred Knowledge/Skills,
Education, And Experience
- Experience designing electronics in safety-critical
- Experience in Medical Devices.
- Experience in Custom Motor Control Design
- Flexible Vacation
- Culture of Respect, Innovation & Inclusion
- 401k, pension, medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- J&J MyStore, BenefitHub discounts, discounts on insurance,
and more!Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer.Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are
equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Johnson &
Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin,or protected veteran status
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability.andEqual Employment Opportunity Posters GINA Supplement.
If you are an individual with a disability, please check ourpage
for information on how to request an accommodation.Disability
Assistance This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and
governmental regulations. Please see our. Use of this site
constitutes your consent to application of such laws and
regulations and to our. Your use of the information on this site is
subject to the terms of our. You should view thesection and the
most recent SEC Filings in thesection in order to receive the most
current information made available by Johnson & Johnson
Services,Inc.with any questions or search this site for more
Investor Contact Us
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Santa Clara , Staff Electrical Engineer R&D, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!