Foreperson, Ride Maintenance
Company: California's Great America
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Overview:Salary details: $44.29/hr. - $55.36/hr. based on
experience Under limited supervision, performs and supervises crew
members in the inspection, mechanical maintenance and repair of
Park rides. Performs related supervisory and technical duties as
required. Reports to the Ride Maintenance Manager. Ensures work is
conducted safely and in accordance to company's policies and
procedures. Supervises inspections, maintenance, and repairs with
all ride attractions and equipment. Responsible for maintenance
records and ensuring documents are accurate and complete.
Responsible for training and employee development. Involved with
employee issues and conducts employee appraisals and disciplinary
actions as needed.
- Receives and stocks parts, equipment and supplies as
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals
such as the immediate supervisor, other Park managers and staff,
subordinates, guests, vendors, contractors, inspectors,
manufacturer representatives, etc.
- Uses computer and clerical supplies, meters, gauges, measuring
devices, mechanic's tools, measuring devices, hoists, climbing
equipment, drafting tools, various other hand and power tools,
- Operates a vehicle, various rides and related
mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic/electrical control systems, overhead
crane, forklift, man lift, hydraulic press, air compressor,
diagnostic equipment, welding equipment, generators, steam
cleaners, sand blaster, and a variety of equipment such as a
computer, copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone, two way
- Refers to policies and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals,
technical manuals and diagrams, ride manuals, vendor catalogs,
inspection manuals, regulations and guidelines, computer manuals,
- Prepares and/or maintains purchase orders, performance
appraisals, schedules, inspection reports, various logs, budget
reports, downtime reports, incident/accident reports, safety
meeting agendas, work orders, memos, various other reports,
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including
inspection records, various logs, schedules, work orders, downtime
reports, rehab reports, accident/incident reports, guest
complaints, invoices, price quotes. specifications, etc
- Attends meetings, training, etc., to stay abreast of industry
trends, products, and resources.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concern, and complaints
from employees and guests regarding ride safety and
- Ensures the proper maintenance and safe operating condition of
all assigned equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance projects with other Park departments,
contractors, and ride manufacturers as necessary.
- Inspects all in house and contracted work in progress and
completed for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations,
specification, and standards of quality and safety.
- Selects and oversees the work of contractors.
- Inspects rides; troubleshoots mechanical problems on rides and
assists subordinate mechanics with repair work as required.
- Designs parts and components as necessary.
- Determines preventive maintenance schedules; ensures prompt
response to work orders.
- Researches, orders, and maintain inventory of parts, equipment,
tools, and supplies necessary for department operations.
- Assists in preparing and managing the department's annual
- Reviews the work of subordinates for effectiveness; evaluates
and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers training, advice,
and assistance as needed.
- Supervises subordinate crew members; supervisory duties include
scheduling; instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of
others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating
personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems,
recommending and approving employee discipline, and recommending
- Plans, schedules, and supervises the mechanical maintenance
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Vocational/technical training
- At least 5-7 years of prior leadership/supervisory
- At last 5 years of prior industrial mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Valid Driver's License.
Keywords: California's Great America, Santa Clara , Foreperson, Ride Maintenance, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!