Mechanical Assembly Technician - Hotbox Assembly (Contract)
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Mechanical Assembly Technician - Hotbox Assembler (Contract)
Location: Santa Clara, CA (on-site)
Job Term: Contract (-3-6 months)
Picarro is looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician who will be
responsible for building a variety of electro-mechanical and
opto-mechanical assemblies. Most relevant skills and experience to
be successful in the position are proper handling of optical
components and ESD-sensitive parts, use of adhesives (DP420, UV
epoxy), harnessing, following work instructions and schematics,
working with tubing and compression fittings, soldering under a
microscope, and operating in a team environment.
The ideal candidate would also have experience using hand tools,
doing SMT work, able to lift 30 lbs, stand or sit for long periods
of time, and use of Microsoft suite of products (especially Teams,
Excel, and Outlook).
- Completing a variety of assemblies - (skills and abilities
- Gas Handling - use of valves, tubing (SS and PTFE), compression
- Electro-Mechanical enclosures - wire/cable harnessing,
soldering, ESD, torque wrenches and screwdrivers, and DVM.
- Opto-Mechanical components - optics cleaning and handling,
microscope use at least 4+ hours each shift, use of epoxies, laser
- Demonstrating consistent work habits:
- Complying to the shift schedule and allocated break
- Starting and finishing assigned tasks within the time
- Completing worksheets, checklists, and data entries as
- Planning and preparation for upcoming tasks - able to create
and adhere to "to do" lists, work plans, work schedules, or project
- Prompt in communicating status, responding to requests, or
- Bringing up safety issues.
- Giving suggestions for improvement.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering highly preferred.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Electronics, Electrical, or
Optical Engineering preferred.
- AS degrees in the disciplines above also accepted.
- Minimum 1 year in Manufacturing environment highly
- Combined 6 months of internship or apprenticeship in technology
- Communicate in verbal and written English.
- Physically able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
(80-90% of shift).
- Growth mindset - viewpoint that skills and abilities can be
acquired through continuous learning and improvement.
- Problem-solving - arriving at root cause through a methodical
gathering of data, analysis, experimentation, evaluation, and
- Teamwork - balancing achievement of both individual and group
goals, initiative in asking co-workers what help they
- Communication - comfortable in expressing ideas in a coherent
and deliberate manner in both spoken and written form.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $41,000 -
$75,000. Your base salary will be determined based on the location,
experience, qualification, skills, knowledge, level, and pay of
employees in similar positions.
Picarro, Inc. is the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas and
optical isotope instruments, which are used in a wide variety of
scientific and industrial applications, including: atmospheric
science, air quality, greenhouse gas measurements, gas leak
detection, food safety, hydrology, ecology, and more. The company's
products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa
Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide.
Picarro's products are based on dozens of patents related to cavity
ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) technology. Picarro's solutions are
unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and
Honors awarded the company include the World Economic Forum
Technology Innovation Pioneer, IHS CERA Energy Innovation Pioneer,
the U.S. Department of Energy Small Business of the Year, the TiE50
Winner and the Red Herring Global 100 Winner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor
on the basis of disability. Posted positions are not open to third
party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will
be considered free referrals.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accomodation to complete any part of the application process or are
limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may contact Picarro, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Picarro, Santa Clara , Mechanical Assembly Technician - Hotbox Assembly (Contract), Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!