Senior Director, HPC AI Sales
Company: DDN Storage
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 16, 2020
DataDirect Networks (DDN.com) is a world leader in massively
scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and
processing solutions and professional services that enable
content-rich and high-growth IT environments to achieve the highest
levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN
enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their
information. Our customers include the world's leading online
content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and
grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and
security & intelligence organizations.
The Director/Sr. Director, Sales of DDN s AI Business is
responsible for the company s goal of achieving market leadership
for DDN s vertically integrated solution and services helping
companies harvest and monetize unstructured data with specific
industry focus on in AI related verticals.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on leadership
and direction to the AI line-of-business sales team by providing
mentoring, performance and career direction. This individual will
apply understanding of industry trends and business models, develop
solutions and strategies, and drive sustained growth through a
focus on current and new customer orders, top line revenue
generation and predictable margins derived from the sale of a suite
of hardware, software and services.
This Director/Sr. Director Sales role requires an accomplished
sales executive with a broad set of skills in leading sales teams
and a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and consult with
C-level executives at prospective and active clients using
quantitative data, an extreme focus on results and a high service
The Director/Sr. Director will extend DDN s current momentum in
driving value beyond the enterprise storage stack into advanced
analytics of big data, unstructured data across the Artificial
Intelligence industry. The successful individual will bring to this
hands on management position the skills that will which enable him
or her to develop the strategies and team necessary to consistently
exceed customer expectations and drive strategic long-term growth.
It is critical that candidates for this position have a track
record in building, leading and developing an experienced sales
organization and a background in software and services environment
with a deep history selling into Fortune 500 is desirable.
The Director/Sr. Director, Sales will be a key member of the DDN
sales leadership team and will manage a team of approximately eight
to ten comprised of managers and individual contributors as the
business grows in revenue.
Qualified candidates for the role should have a minimum of ten
years of progressive experience in sales leadership and account
management, with preference for an individual who has displayed
recent leadership within progressive, results oriented growth
Further desirable experience would include:
* Must have previous experience in enterprise hardware, preferably
storage, networking, services or other industry verticals that have
a particular focus on selling hardware and services to the AI
* Experience managing a commission-based, quota driven sales team,
and track record of growing revenues and profits, and achieving
* Experience creating and managing processes used by the sales team
to achieve superior results
* Strong systems and solutions focus, experience and understanding
across the AI vertical markets
* Deep understanding of partnerships, ecosystem, channel and
business development are required
* Superior communication, presentation, and client management
* Demonstrated ability using quantitative analysis and consultative
selling in the sales process
* 7+ years sales management experience
* Proven management and organizational skills working in a
fast-paced and high growth environment where the individual has
been involved in scaling a company through fast growth to greater
maturity in a dynamic environment.
* A strong leader that balances empathy with determination.
Staunchly defending his or her position/strategic direction while
considering the position of others.
* An open, action-oriented personality.
* Able to make tough decisions not always be nice, but direct and
* An in-the-trenches , tactile executive who is willing to immerse
him or herself in the business.
* A demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people and get
results through others.
* An ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive DDN s long term revenue strategy - mapping revenue strategy
to a business strategy/operating plan/strategic plan that extends
beyond its core business and into the high growth revenue
opportunities in AI.
* Manage DDN s revenue profitability and gross margin contribution
assuring that the company focuses not only on winning business that
contributes to the top line, but also have metrics and controls in
place that assure the highest margin and profitability.
* Continuously develop and manage an organization structure that
maps the company s overarching business strategy to field
execution, account management.
* Refinement, testing, and execution of the company s go to market
* Extensive experience building, coaching, motivating developing
and managing high performance sales teams. The Director/Sr.
Director will scale the sales organization to address the growth
and margin contribution commitments of the organization.
* Develop and implement a plan to create demand and achieve revenue
growth. This may involve one or more potential streams of
* Create, install, and manage a revenue generation process from
demand creation to closed sales for each revenue stream. Strong
knowledge of sales and services in advanced technology
* Set individual and organization-wide goals, objectives, budgets,
sales targets and quotas support the organization s long-range
* Cultivate and close key accounts and strategic partners through
prospecting and relationship management.
* Create and implement marketing initiatives that support the
* Work with other members of the executive team so that their
functional groups are supporting the company s go-to-market
* Develop and manage sales compensation plans and targets for the
* Manage sales operations, training, pricing strategies, etc... for
the sales and account management team.
* Proven ability to develop and maintain senior level client
* Establish and maintain close relationships with strategic
* Develop a very detailed understanding of the quantitative
processes used by DDN s clients to evaluate the effectiveness of
our business; use this knowledge in crafting sales strategy.
* Work with DDN executives to establish sales goals and incentives
for each sales team member.
* Regular travel for onsite visits and conventions to meet with
* Support direct reports by participating in client and prospect
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender,
sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: DDN Storage, Santa Clara , Senior Director, HPC AI Sales, Sales , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!