Purchasing Agent (Construction)
Company: Joseph J. Albanese
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: 75,000 - 90,000; DOEJoseph J. Albanese,
Inc., is seeking a dynamic Purchasing Agent to our team. This
position will report into the Purchasing Manager and is responsible
for the purchasing equipment and construction materials. Voted
"Best Place to Work" for the past 4 years in a row, JJA is a
dynamic, fun environment with significant career opportunities to
further grow and develop professionally. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Receive written requisitions for materials and equipment from
project managers and/or field operations.
- Review and source materials and equipment in accordance with
established company practices and procedures.
- Solicit quotations from vendors. Review, analyze and present
findings to management with emphasis on best economic value and
defined company procurement objectives.
- Generate purchase orders through company purchasing
- Responsible for the tracking and expediting of all orders.
- Review materials upon receipt for accuracy. Enter materials
into inventory system.
- Support estimating department by contacting vendors for
budgetary quotations for materials and equipment in the preparation
- Solicit and prepare submittal documentation in support of
- Coordinate and document supplier certificates of compliance
with project managers.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Controller.NOTE:
These duties listed are meant to describe the general scope of the
work. Other duties may be assigned based on business needs within
the organization. QUALIFICATONS:
- Minimum of High School Degree or equivalent required.
- 2 + years construction material purchasing experience.
- Strong computer skills, including HCSS, Vista and MS Office
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures,
policies and accounting.
- Ability to establish and maintain vendor and staff
- Proven problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills and
excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and have strong organization skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player, ability to work with minimal
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, bending.
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.WHY JOIN JJAJoseph J.
Albanese is a family - owned construction business established and
based in Santa Clara, California since 1955. With approximately
1000 employees the company has been instrumental in developing the
Silicon Valley by performing site / structural concrete, demo,
grading and paving for many of the outstanding projects in Northern
California. Our core values of Safety, People, Quality and Truth!
JJA utilizes BIM and other cutting-edge technology to verify
constructability and to communicate complex project geometries to
field professionals. We offer competitive pay and benefits. See
some of our highlighted projects on our website at
www.jjalbanese.com.Joseph J. Albanese, Inc. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Joseph J. Albanese, Santa Clara , Purchasing Agent (Construction), Sales , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!